Translate

Tuesday 9 August 2011

Cardtastic Day!

Hello,

having rigged up the Stickle station I thought I would use them on a project, DD#1 has also suggested that as I am such a coward she will take some of my cards to local shops and DD#2 is taking some in her town :0) so killing two birds with one stone, I have made these super quick and easy cards!

I am loving these new foam stamps where there is a solid shape and then the detailed overlay. I don't have any so thought I would try a similar take by stamping and cutting the shape out and using the 'hole' as a template:

I started by using Distress Ink 'Stormy Sky' and a blending tool and then over stamped with the Martha Stewart Butterfly, but it didn't look much so I blended round the edge of the image. Then I decided to stamp another butterfly onto paper and blended 'Weathered Wood' finally adding Diamond Stickles and sticking the butterfly body only.



The next one was using a Paint Dabber 'Cloudy Blue', I much preferred this one as there was some texture and patchiness to the solid shape. I used the Stickles to define the veins. Again I blended some Distress Ink round the edge as the solid shape was exactly the same size as the detailed image and then it dawned on me.....cut the hole bigger!



So the last one was done with a Paint Dabber 'Pink Sherbert' for texture and once the detail was on I decided to leave the glitter as it looked perfect as is :0) I'm not convinced that the photos are doing it any justice, still I am going to try this technique with some other stamps now!

Just before I go, here are a few more cards that I cobbled together using my October Afternoon scraps.




Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Ali x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it means so much. I read each and every one :0)