Translate

Monday 18 February 2013

'Right Direction'

At last....time in my craft room!!! Yayyyyy!

I sat and I sat...... picked things up and put them back down again and really felt a little out of my depth.....it's been too long :0(

Then I remembered all the lovely inspiration videos at two peas and within a few minutes Janna Werner had inspired me not only to do a layout but to create my own background paper!!!

The challenge was to use the colour palette from the mood board she had created on Pinterest and arrows. So off I went to cut an arrow or two and then decided to use the negative as a mask :0)

I stencilled through using my new Dreamweaver brushes....fabulous!...using Distress Inks and then outlined them in black with a handful of hand drawn ones for good measure!!

2012 was a pretty rough year and although this year has been madly busy, it is all positive stuff, hence the right direction :0) The arrows in all different directions represent last year and the photo is of me in London on New Year's Eve....ready to start afresh :0)


Distress Inks: Old Paper; Chipped Sapphire; Fired Brick; Pumice Stone


October Afternoon and MME papers, tag with hidden journalling, Studio Calico triangle, letters from Pebbles
A massively HUGE thank you to my dear friend Lizzy for my first ever RAK.....the gorgeous little sparkly heart was one of the many goodies she sent me :0)

Thanks for popping in today,

Ali x 

3 comments:

  1. ...& doesn't she look cute...YOU..oh, & the heart too:):) LOVE your bg - but what are 'dreamweaver' brushes??? I really, really like the 'symbolism' behind it...that bp on mine your were asking about? BGrey paper with most stuff already on it - I just added, as you do:):) I'm GLAD you found some inspiration... gotta have you creating when you've got time...I don't recommend a cut on the leg - but it means that's all I've been doing, really!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this layout Ali! It's so clever and crafty with all of the arrows and I love that beautiful picture of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun with all the arrows. :)
    Glad 2013 is going well for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it means so much. I read each and every one :0)