Translate

Saturday 26 January 2013

'Woodentops' on a passing whim!

Does this sound familiar? I was on my way to get dressed and as I passed my craft room I noticed a washi tape on the floor. In I went to pick it up and before I put it in the jar, I pulled out a piece of paper and started messing about with it. I had just been flicking through the blogs I follow and had seen the Skissedilla sketch and had also spotted the chevron paper from Crate Fourteen collection....an idea was born!

2 hours later I am still in my pyjamas, having created my page for the challenge, photographed it and am now posting it!! Have just had a phone call from DH as I am supposed to be walking the dog round to DD#1's to help out with taking stuff to the dump! Needless to say I lied through my teeth and said I had been busy with the hoover and was on my way......so without delay, here is my take ;0)

washi tape 'chevronned' up

Weathered Wood and Pumice Stone distress inks, Tattered Angels Glam in Heffalump

me and my baby bruvs a long time ago! 

Stash Panache button and October Afternoon stickers

yummy sketch!


Not brilliant photos, but I'm in a rush!!

Happy weekend, thanks for popping in,

Ali x

5 comments:

  1. Love the layout and LOVE the story! I can sooo relate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you put the closies in - I really enjoy looking at your details. Must admit, I thought the story was 'I picked up the washi, didn't see the WOODEN benchTOP & banged my head. Funny thing was, the pain had a weird effect on me & suddenly, I wasn't seeing stars, but the sun...& there I was in Australia...' Now I'm just getting plain fanciful - but it's better than dealing with rubbish!!!!!!!!!! LOVE what you've done with the washi:):):) I'm taking it your surname was Woodentop???? Mine [maiden] was Woodhams!!!! Or maybe the town was Woodentops? Or the pub/restaurant???? Please explain to thick Australians!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Those are the best days... when you "accidentally" end up in your craft room and get lost for hours! Love it!
    Love all the details, stitching and inking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I apoplogize for the last comment about ckc...i wascreading on my nook and it didnt show the sidebars....i see that you are a fan of ckcb and was a guest designer! Am loving looking at your creations !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great page! Love the use of stencils and washi:-)

    Thanks for playing along with us at Skissedilla:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it means so much. I read each and every one :0)