Translate

Tuesday 29 May 2012

Frosted Designs Sketch #42 'Mother's Day'

Hello,

it's sketch time over at Frosted Designs and if I am honest when I first saw this sketch I panicked!! It's not that it isn't a great sketch from Eli (it is) it's just that my style is to have lots of white space and at first look I thought this just so wasn't me. Sometimes you just have to not 'over think' and instead of just seeing you have to look (does this make sense to anyone except for me???? lol) I think I was having a bit of a duh moment because once I remembered a sketch is a starting point I was away!!

 The photo is of me and my girls on Mother's Day (March in the UK) 5 more days and I get my camera back, woo hoo!!! Sorry for the pictures of my layout - this camera does not like white!!!

My CKC has finally run out and so I have added some of PP Nantucket papers to my kit to pad it out till the end of the month.

Cosmic Shimmer mists and That Perfect Touch Dot mask and Prima stencil

Spellbinders die, K and Co rub ons

Heidi Swapp butterfly, OA flash card

 
Here is Eli's lovely sketch that I got to grips with in the end :) 


Thanks for popping in,

Ali x 

5 comments:

  1. LOVE you white space style Ali...and seriously this layout is just GORGEOUS...BEAUTIFUL. And I LOVE the way you layered the patterned papers. Awesome work. Tenny :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love your white space layout. The details are just perfect. I love your take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely page, white space and clusters my favourite things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Ali!!! Love your layering of the pp and stitching. I'm trying to embrace the "white space" when it comes to my own layouts and take inspiration from you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! I think you rocked the white space. I love all your details too and the the great layers. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it means so much. I read each and every one :0)