Translate

Saturday 14 January 2012

CSI Case File #1 'Time Flies'

You must check this cool new challenge site out! CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration  I can't remember how I found it but I am so glad that I did :0)

If you had asked me whether I would like to do a lo where theme, colour, embellishments and journalling were all pre determined I would have adamantly refused! Yet here I am shouting about this new venture from the roof tops! I loved that it took me completely away from my comfort zone.

Don't get me wrong, this was not a layout that I managed to whip up in an hour, but I loved spending time on it and I even used up some of my stash that has been sitting around for ages :0) As I look at it now on the blog it doesn't look a s involved as it felt! However, this is so different for me (no white space), but still not as detailed as so many of you talented ladies...give me time :0)

The photos are of DD#1 and GDG, when I was looking through the photos to scrap it occurred to me that it really doesn't seem five minutes since DD#1 was a little girl and here she is a mother herself - hence 'Time Flies'

I used a sketch from Creative Scrappers #15, you can download them from here  - really cool :0)




What a twit I am! Put the riddle in the wrong order!! Still that probably sums me up - takes great care until the last couple of minutes and then rushes to finish!

Papers are old American Crafts, the clocks are stamped (who knew I had so many clock stamps!) one has been adhered to a TH Facet and there is a TH clock face too (I have finally been able to open the packet after 2 years!) Behind the heart I have stamped using a Tattered Angels texture stamp and Lettuce Paint Dabber. The riddle has been stuck onto tissue tape (white tissue paper stuck to double sided tape), but the thing I am most pleased with is .....the little tag on the heart! I opened up my new MME brads and the ones with the tags weren't quite right (actually that is untrue, one of them was great but I had to save it......yeah, yeah I know UTILISE) so I dug around and found a little piece of WP Trendsetter that had 2011 printed it on it (lucky find!) and die cut it - super, eh??

As I write this case file number 2 has been launched, so do yourself a favour and have a go!

Thanks for stopping by,

Ali x

1 comment:

  1. Well, I'm sure glad you found CSI, and I'm happy you jumped right in to solve our first Case File! Beautiful, meaningful page, and way to go using old stash!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it means so much. I read each and every one :0)