Translate

Sunday 9 October 2011

Using up my Echo Park 'For the Record'

I was putting away my recent haul and as the new Echo Park goodies were being stashed I spotted the remaining sheets of the For the Record papers and stickers. Now I don't know about you but as soon as I get a new collection that is the one that I hone in on. As soon as I have done a couple of layouts, it gets put away for fear of all my layouts looking the same.......and that's where it stays.

So my challenge to myself is to use up a collection in it's entireity........can I do it? Well let's see!!

OK, so I did do 3 layouts previously using this collection and here is what I have been doing this weekend to use up the rest (still got quite a bit more to go!) I stumbled across this lovely blog
 http://wingsofabutterfly-vanessa.blogspot.com/2011/09/echo-park-projects-including-tutorial.html
searching for some inspiration. I have totally lifted the idea...I love it! Instead of seed packets I have made cards to go in the pockets. I shall probably give this to my Mum :0)

Before I go any further, apologies for the photos, unfortunately I have left it a bit late in the day :0(








I also made this card for the Frosted Designs card challenge but by the time I wrote this post the challenge had closed, lol!!!


I have used cardstock and a topper from Hunkydory a UK based company, thought I would give them a go and I am pleasantly surprised!! The flower is from iamroses.com, the hat pins were from ebay and the stamp is an old Hero Arts one from my stash.

I am hoping to get a chance to complete some layout challenges this week but life is a bit full on at the moment so we'll see :0) I am definitely going to do some more projects with the rest of the 'For the Record' collection and will post them soon. I think it will be pretty cool to see how much you can do with a handful of papers and a couple of sticker sheets!!

Thanks for stopping by

Ali x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it means so much. I read each and every one :0)