Translate

Monday 11 July 2011

Sketchy Thursdays August GDT Challenge

Hi all

as you know I have recently stepped into the world of layout challenges and I am relishing every moment of it!
It has rekindled my passion for the 12 x 12! I have been primarily making mini books and GD's 8 x 8 albums recently and had forgotten how 12 x 12's are actually my first love :0)

This challenge was great for me, not just because of the design but also because we had to use red, orange and/or yellow, these are colours that I am not normally drawn to, but having worked with them I may have to rethink (although, please note they are muted versions!) We also had to scrap a summer topic and use a journalling spot.

You will see from the photos I have chosen, the sun was shining weakly, but then this is England! For me, this is what an English summer is all about, being in the great outdoors with a picnic, just chilling with some of those I love....perfection!



Please click on the image of my layout as it looks really grainy but the enlarged version is a lot clearer!
Papers, rub on and chipboard embellishments are Crate Paper 'Seasons', the ribbon is American Crafts 'Dear Lizzy' and the flower journalling spot was cut with Cricut 'Storybook', the letters were cut with 'George'

Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Ali x

2 comments:

  1. Loveeeeeeeeeeeeee this! I love love love the colors, the photos and that little birdie! Thanks sooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it means so much. I read each and every one :0)