Translate

Monday 3 September 2012

Summer Memory File

Whilst I will probably be doing an album dedicated to Italy and Tunisia as well as doing layouts of all the brilliant times we have had in the last couple of months, I thought it would be fun to put the highlights of our summer into a mini album. I LOVE the memory albums as they accommodate so many photos.

This time I used a Colour Magic one and kept the inside white with a little bit of stamping.

I used inks rather than mists to colour this one...I like the subtlety. The title was cut on the silhouette but I used the negative and matted it onto black. Those flowers are ancient, so although I don;t love them I am glad that I have used some of that stash :0)

A homemade Foto Stack using PP Spring Jubilee papers and a couple of page protectors all stitched together....can you believe there are 15 photos in there?? The word photo mat was cut on the Silhouette as was 'bright'. The beautiful bird stamp is from Pink Paislee

more Silhouette use! The matchbook mini was also made with Spring Jubilee papers and I have used it to journal about all that we did. The two photos of DGD and baby cousin are hinged so they flip up.

I glittered a chipboard bird and stuck it to a wooden skewer. The banner is made up from scraps of OA papers.



Happy times :0)


Thanks for popping in,

Ali x

2 comments:

  1. I LIKE those daisies in the front...been thinking about getting that PP stamp set....I'm gonna after seeing your bird here & it's amazing how many photos you can get. Never used this system before but it looks FAB....great idea, too:):):) OH, & ADORE your glitter bird!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a delish mini book. Love all the clever little details, like the hinged photo that flips up and that sparkly bird on a skewer, the cute banners stitched in place and the negative title work. Could go on for quite a bit, it's amazing that you can fit in 15 photos in this one and it still doesn't look bulky at all! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it means so much. I read each and every one :0)