Translate

Tuesday 20 March 2012

Frosted Designs #37 'Songbird'

Good morning!!!

I loved this week's sketch from my blog friend Jenny :0) She is such a talented lady and has a very distinctive style - I can spot one of her layouts at 20 paces!! So in homage to her style I have matted some of my pieces (not in black, as she does, but in kraft)

Here is her lovely sketch:




and here is my take with some old photos of my Nana ....I have committed the cardinal sin of scrapping and used originals :0/ but there were loads of them just thrown into an old shoebox (cliched I know!) and as no-one else was cherishing them I thought it would be ok!!!! ????


I have titled it Songbird for two reasons...1. My Nana loved music, all music! She used to sing when she was younger and always played the piano. 2. I love the words in Fleetwood Mac's song and they remind me of my Nana. I have used my favourites on this layout MME, October Afternoon and GCD Studios :0)

Daisy from iamroses.com, GCD chipboard flourish misted with Cosmic Shimmer sprays, Pink Paislee rubber thing and heart hat pins

GCD chipboard bird coverd in paper, Jenny Bowlin button, iamroses.com crochet flower

OA Farmhouse bird sticker


I made a pocket for my journalling using a piece of OA Farmhouse and some kraft paper
Thanks so much for popping in, have a wonderful day :0)

Ali x 

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! the vintage feel is just beautiful, love that music background paper, very nice layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!! I REALLY love this layout! Those photos are fabulous too! You have scrapped them so well! I wouldn't worry about using the originals - I think they would much prefer to be displayed like that than in a old shoebox! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Ali!! Love how you have showcased these beautiful photos!! Love the paper you used and how you embellished! Oh, and the matting!! ;)

    Thank you so much for the sweet words!! You're too kind! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ali, I LOVE this layout so much. It's beautiful and I just love the soft, classy and elegant feeling of it. I adore those photo strips too. Just gorgeous. Tenny :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it means so much. I read each and every one :0)